Rolling Meadows, IL 60009 US
- Work independently with some oversight from higher-level Controls Engineers or Controls Engineering Manager.
- Accountable for project execution related to controls/electrical engineering, meeting technical, schedule, and budget objectives.
- Provide progressive and innovative electrical solutions to control requirements of machines and systems.
- Collaborate with the Controls Engineer team to develop and enhance programming, design, and documentation standards for improved department efficiency.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineers to formulate the electrical design concept and sequence of machine operation, ensuring optimal machine control and performance.
- Refine customized control concepts and specifications by working with customers.
- Develop PLC, HMI, Robot, Barcode, Machine Vision, Motion Control, Conveyor System, and HMI programs to ensure proper machine operation and performance.
- Program automation and control systems involving PLCs, HMI's, servo controllers, motion controls, and other electrical components.
- Design and develop electrical drawing packages using current electrical CAD software, working with mechanical layout drawings and system-wide wire runs.
- Prepare electrical Bills of Materials (BOM) for machines and document them within the current ERP system and Electrical Engineering CAD tools.
- Attend project kickoff meetings, capture necessary information, and understand project requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Electrical/Mechanical Assembly Department to ensure compliance with standards and customer requirements.
- Set up, test, and debug systems and machines.
- Redline electrical drawings during initial build and field installation, implementing all changes and updating the drawing package.
- Explain and document controls concepts and designs to customers, adhering to project scope and specifications.
- Stay updated with industry-leading programming techniques and tools.
- Provide copies of schematics, BOMs, and PLC Ladder Logic program listings for inclusion in Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Maintain detailed records of drawings and programs and archive reference information on shipped machine files and programs.
- Provide technical support and assistance to other departments.
- Travel to customer sites for system installation, technical support, or project site visits (up to 25% estimated travel).
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering desired (equivalent industry experience considered).
- 4+ years of experience in programming and electrical design in a related industry.
- System integration and Robotic programming experience.
- Background in designing industrial electrical circuits, including component sizing and selection.
- Knowledge of current standards such as NFPA 79, RIA 15.06, UL508A is a plus.