Controls Engineer

Lincolnshire, IL 60069

Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Electrical Engineering Job Number: PR82176397 Compensation: $62000-104000 / year

Job Description

As a Controls Engineer at Sterling Engineering, you will play a key role in designing, programming, and maintaining control systems for our automation department. Approximately 80% of the programming you will work on involves adapting existing solutions from previous projects, while the remaining 20% will involve scratch programming. You will also occasionally need to develop custom programs to meet specific project requirements.

Key Responsibilities:
Utilize your expertise in Allen Bradley PLC programming to adapt and optimize existing control systems.
Develop and implement custom control solutions when necessary.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of control systems into our projects.
Troubleshoot and resolve control system issues to minimize downtime.
Work with vision systems, including Cognex and/or Keyence, if available, to enhance machine vision capabilities.
Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive continuous improvement in control system design and implementation.

Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
Proven experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming.
Familiarity with vision systems, particularly Cognex and Keyence (a plus).
Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a dynamic work environment.

Competitive salary and benefits package.
Opportunities for career growth and development.
Collaborative and innovative work environment.
Contract-to-hire opportunity for the right candidate.

If you are a Controls Engineer with a passion for innovation and a desire to work on exciting projects, we encourage you to apply! Join our team at Sterling Engineering and be part of a company that values expertise, creativity, and collaboration.


Meet Your Recruiter

Apply Online

Send an email reminder to:

Share This Job:

Related Jobs:

Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.