Lenexa, KS 66214 US
Develop the electrical design for automated equipment according to customer and internal specifications; develops and programs automated equipment hardware and software according to customer and internal specifications; capable of being the Controls Engineering Lead on medium to large (> $1.5M) multi-module systems.
Lead the development of controls architecture for large multiple module system and the engineering team.
Program control and vision systems for cam, servo, and air operated stations, along with test and electrical devices.
Ensure the electrical design and software architecture is functional, robust and cost effective.
Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate standards and regulatory requirements.
Research and specify appropriate purchased and preferred components.
Create electrical wiring schematics, flow diagrams, panel layouts, bill of materials, organize release packages and update schematics.
Participate in internal and customer design reviews, installations and service calls when needed.
Guide Electricians in wiring and codes. Support software validation requirements.
Work with suppliers to find/develop the most functional and economical solutions to design issues.
Participate in the Project Execution Plan meeting, developing the controls engineering execution plan. Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.
Problem-solve with Mechanical Builders and Electricians, debug software issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
Communicate ideas and comprehend information both verbally and in written form.
Work closely with Mechanical Engineering and Assembly and exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
Help guide and mentor level I and II Controls Engineers with the execution of their projects.
HEALTH, SAFETY, & ENVIRONMENTAL:
· Create and then work in compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
· Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
· Actively pursue a duty to act where any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts are witnessed.
· Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to the president.
· Escalate any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts which leaders do not address to the president
· Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
· Ensure that the required personal protective equipment (PPE) is used for the assigned task.
· Complete all required Health, Safety, and Environmental training and maintain records for audits.
· Assist in investigating any accidents/incidents or near misses if requested.
· Refrain from engaging in any unruly conduct.
· Ensure that equipment, materials and protective devices are functioning in a safe manner
· Ensure that employees are working in accordance with divisional health and safety procedures
· Do not report to work-onsite, at a customer’s site, or travel on behalf of when feeling ill. Contact your leader immediately.
· Conform to all pandemic requirements identified by regulating authorities and leadership during pandemic situations
· i.e. social or physical distancing
· i.e. various PPE requirements
· You are responsible for yourself relative to sanitizing your environmental footprint.
· i.e. Sanitize after use of any common or shared use item within the facility
· i.e. Properly dispose of any witnessed trash or rubbish within the facility to the proper receptacle regardless of the source – use of PPE is recommended for anything potentially determined to be a biohazard
· i.e. Properly dispose of liquids to prevent improper contaminants into the drain and surrounding water systems
· i.e. Smoking/Vaping is only allowed in the designated spaces per division communicated locations – NOT within 10’ of any door, parking lot, or the trash/recycling areas.
· A post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in Electrical Engineering.
· Six (6) or more years of automation experience
· Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLC’s, HMI’s, Servo control, electrical design, debugging, robots, vision systems, and complex automation systems.
· Individual must have an ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with people at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in written form.
· In addition, an ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance in a team-oriented work environment is mandatory.
· Computer knowledgeable with such programs as Windows, Excel, Word, MS Outlook, Adobe, etc.
· Finally, person must be hands-on and must be able to meet deadlines for his or her responsibilities either
directly or indirectly.
· The employee may be required to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
· Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
· Visual Acuity – Normal requirements for reading written instructions and computer screens
· Hearing Ability – Normal requirements for understanding verbal instructions.
· Working Conditions – The employee is subject to a normal office environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and/or physical hazards when visiting manufacturing floor.
· Capable of wearing appropriate related PPE for extended periods of time.