Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 29.00 HOUR true
Controls Engineer -Entry Level
Itasca, IL 60143 US
2022-08-12 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Controls Engineering Job Number: PG50474531 Compensation: 29.00
Title: Controls Engineer (Entry Level)
Location: Itasca, IL
Target Starting Salary: $55,000- $65,000/year
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: CONTRACT-TO-HIRE (6-Month contract leading to permanent employment after completion)
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Perfect opportunity for entry-level engineers looking to start their career within controls and automation by gaining invaluable hands-on experience working on some of the most innovative industrial automated machinery on the market.
- Create and design automation control systems and create project documentation and drawings to meet client requirements.
- Diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients and vendors.
- Configure software and hardware packages according to the design specifications.
- Program PLCs (Allen-Bradley, Rockwell) and HMI / SCADAs (FactoryTalk, Cimplicity, Wonderware, Ignition)
- Communicate with project stakeholders the progress relative to plan
- Manage engineering projects as assigned
- Manage project deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Manage site construction and installation
- Manage site start-up support of integrated control systems
- Validate and commission facility systems following established execution protocols and ensure a successful turnover of the system to the customer.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Co-Op/internship, part-time, full-time employment, or project experience related to engineering, consulting, programming, process design, drafting, or architecture are a plus
- Any experience in food/dairy, high-speed beverage/brewery, pharmaceutical, medical device, advanced technology, oil & gas, or consumer products industries is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service act
- Experience with CAD and/or SolidWorks, AutoCAD is a PLUS but not required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and basic understanding of project management fundamentals