Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 150000 YEAR true
Schaumburg, IL 60195 US
2023-03-15 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Accounting Job Number: Dj44297138 Compensation: 150000
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Hire Type: Direct Hire, Onsite
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
This is a full-time, direct-hire position with a medical products manufacturing company. The Controller is responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements for the company’s U.S. division. Manages Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables to ensure timely payment and receipt of funds. Also reviews current accounting procedures for quality and oversees compliance with all internal accounting controls.
Internal liaison between the accounting department and all internal departments provides and analyzes financial results to manage spending to plan and external liaison to the External Auditors for annual audit of the financials and benefit plans.
Daily oversight of the cost accounting functions including management of the item master standard cost updates and review of ongoing projects to monitor and advise on margin decisions. All capital projects are routed through this function for review and appropriate classification.
- Responsible for the preparation of U.S. and consolidated financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis including monthly financials, GMIS reporting, IFRS reporting, forecasting and other reporting requests.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Primary management of accounts payable function, accounts receivable, general accounting, assistance in the preparation of taxes, credit and collections functions and payroll functions.
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring and enhancing) and data base management.
- Advise Sales & Marketing on accounting issues relating to Partnership Development programs and spending.
- Primary interface with external auditors, coordinating and preparing schedules for mid-year and annual financial audits and Benefit Plan audits. Prepares the annual financial audit report and footnotes.
- Provide data and assistance to external tax auditors in preparation of Tax Provision, annual Federal Tax Return, and Illinois State Tax Return.
- Work closely with Corporate Controller to ensure day-to-day U.S. accounting responsibilities are met.
- Provide daily operational back up to Corporate Controller.
- Oversees Concur expense reporting system.
- Oversees and coordinates year end inventories.
- Interfaces with all departments on projects to monitor and provide advice on margins.
- Manages capital expenditures.
- Manage accounts receivable aging, credits, debits and deductions.
- Maintains vendor and customer relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have current working knowledge of regulation and compliance issues.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, IRC, FASB, Best-Fixed Asset, and AS400 computer system.
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Understanding of the Payroll process
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.