Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 95000 120000 YEAR true
Continuous Improvement Manager
Buckner, KY 40010 US
2023-05-15 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Manufacturing / Process Engineering Job Number: Js253502410 Compensation: $95000-120000 / year
Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Buckner, KY
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager who will be responsible for leading and implementing a CI program based on Lean principles to improve plant performance and financial goals. As the CI Manager, you will be responsible for identifying improvement opportunities, defining the scope of CI projects and activities, and coordinating training and development of all team members.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement process, working with staff and leadership to develop, implement and sustain a CI program based on Lean principles
- Identify improvement opportunities using data and observational analysis and work closely with technical resources to help drive efficiencies and identify best practices
- Teach and model root cause analysis and structured problem-solving to eliminate inefficiencies, recurring issues and waste of all types
- Participate in Lean events with other CI resources to apply CI methodologies and promote skill transfer
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the company’s Management Operating Structure
- Coach, guide and lead cross-functional teams to achieve resolution of assigned projects
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree and three or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies and ability to teach and model them
- Experience leading cost-savings projects of high value and complexity from ideation and chartering through successful completion and sustainment
- Previous management experience is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Prior experience in a food manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
- Involvement in the formulation of long-term improvement strategies to deliver annual business plans
If you are passionate about driving continuous improvement initiatives and have the necessary experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.