Continuous Improvement Manager
Addison, IL 60101 US
Location: Addison, IL 60101
Type: Direct Hire
The Continuous Improvement Manager will play a key role in driving operational excellence and maximizing efficiency within the organization. This position will collaborate with the VP of Operations to strategize and execute long-term initiatives, work closely with various teams and departments to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to enhance production output while minimizing costs. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills and demonstrate expertise in operational efficiency, project management, and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Collaborate with the VP of Operations to develop and execute long-term initiatives aimed at improving overall operational performance.
• Work closely with teams and departments to identify opportunities for maximizing production efficiency and reducing costs.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and establish a formal reporting structure.
• Oversee production activities at a high-level, focusing on OEE analysis and reporting on production runs.
• Prioritize and direct process improvement projects and Capital Expenditure (CapEx) initiatives.
• Take responsibility for project management, including effective communication, implementation, cost/benefit analysis, and resource allocation.
• Manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as necessary to meet evolving business needs.
• Track team progress using Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and deliver presentations to stakeholders.
• Lead Design of Experiments (DoE) development and trials to optimize production processes.
• Provide training on project management methodologies and continuous improvement practices.
• Foster a problem-solving culture, encouraging employees to identify process issues and empowering them to implement solutions that drive high-value results and commitment to process improvement.
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across all departments.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an operational improvement role.
• Six Sigma black belt certification.
• Experience in the industry of converting flexible materials (not necessarily healthcare).
• Demonstrates high energy, professional confidence, and a strong ability to drive results.
• Must be a self-starter capable of working independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Strong problem-solving abilities, demonstrating the capacity to identify and resolve issues independently.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.