Continuous Improvement Engineer
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
- The Continuous Improvement Engineer plays a pivotal role in establishing the foundation for Continuous Improvement. This position encompasses leadership in Process Improvement, Facility Layout planning, Best Methods implementation, Time and work studies, and other facets of Continuous Improvement. The role also entails spearheading research and implementation efforts to enhance distribution center and supply chain processes. The incumbent will closely collaborate with the Production team and executive leadership on key initiatives.
- Provide process improvement support for the development and implementation of effective systems, ensuring that manufacturing processes operate at maximum capacity with the lowest cost.
- Actively advocate for and contribute to the cultural transformation towards a Lean Continuous Improvement Culture.
- Deliver analyses related to cost, systems, and profitability.
- Develop work standards and enhance processes through techniques such as time studies and standard process evaluation tools.
- Maintain process standards and related documents.
- Participate in process meetings at various intervals (daily, weekly, monthly, and annually) as appropriate.
- Offer support during challenging or busy periods, identifying potential issues, troubleshooting, and participating in issue analysis.
- Manage multiple project responsibilities concurrently.
- Possess a good understanding of construction document control.
- Prepare, transmit, and expedite project documentation for approval by the Owner/Architect/Engineer.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Meet with vendors as part of the equipment procurement process and system design.
- Negotiate and review pending contracts.
- Apply process improvement techniques such as Work Measurement, Lean Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, and other Lean Manufacturing tools to support Continuous Improvement objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial/Applied, or Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Lead Project Engineer in a Food Production environment.
- Proficiency in CAD software and the MS Software Suite (knowledge of Visio & Timeline is a plus).
- Experience in process flow-charting and value stream mapping.
- Project management skills, including capital equipment justification and installation, facility/process/equipment start-ups.
- Ability to conduct time study analyses and utilize statistical tools.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple changing priorities.
- Strong leadership, training, and organizational skills.
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to present information tactfully and discreetly in one-on-one or small group situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with management, peers, and subordinates.
- Experience in using process improvement techniques, including lean manufacturing and six sigma tools.
- Proficiency in retaining and utilizing statistical methodologies to support data-driven decision-making.
- Support the plant capital program by providing savings analysis for all projects.