Las Vegas, NV 89025 US
Sterling Engineering has partnered with a large company in the solar/renewables industry on bringing in 2 Controls Engineers to assist with a major project at a Las Vegas Power Plant. This will be an in-depth power plant project that will last through the end of 2023.
- Benefits Included
- Competitive pay
- No sponsorship provided at this time (will consider candidates on OPT)
- $50-75/hr (depending on experience and location)
Overview Of Job:
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of the power plant controller, ensuring all external interfaces wiring and IO are connected per the site drawings.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose any issues surrounding communication, IO, networking from beginning of installation through commercial operation of the solar plus storage power plant.
- Operate the plant via the Factory Talk HMI to support commissioning activities including Site Acceptance Testing, Customer tests and grid operator tests.
- Attend daily plan of the day meetings, communicate with the commissioning team, and provide feedback to the controls team as needed.
- Perform Site Acceptance Testing including coordinating with the internal and external commissioning team, operating the plant, performing the test, recording data, troubleshooting any issues found during testing, and developing a report of the test results.
- Oversee vendor commissioning activities to ensure they are configuring equipment in line with drawings, specifications, and expectations.
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering Related)
- At least 2 years in a Controls Engineering position
- At least 2 years working with SCADA
- Experience with Allen Bradley