Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 78000 YEAR true
Chicago, IL 60601 US
2023-03-13 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: Cg8933311221 Compensation: 78000
Sterling Engineering is searching for a Civil Engineer with experience in site civil engineering and/or the utility industry! This is a direct hire offering full benefits, paid holidays, and PTO. Local to the Chicago, IL area.
Title: Civil Engineer II
Location: Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Act as part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of all facets of civil engineering.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of civil engineering work.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for underground and overhead electrical power installations.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 5 -7+ years of job specific experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Infrastructure design experience
- Stormwater management design/analysis
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.