Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 YEAR true
Bartlett, IL 60103 US
2022-06-23 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: It969126610 Compensation: 80000
The Entry-level Engineer will assist senior staff in supervising and monitoring projects in progress for the respective department to ensure that work is executed on-time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies, procedures, and standards.
They will assist in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability. Guided participation in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
There will be an opportunity to experience work in all phases of geotechnical and civil engineering consultation including the ability to review/understand project design documents and construction plans & specifications; development of work plans and cost estimates for geotechnical site investigations; support to our client’s design teams through bid-phase engineering consultation; construction-phase geotechnical/pavement analysis; design; engineering consultation; and inspection. The successful candidate will have a willingness to develop and foster skills new and old with mentorship from senior staff in the field of civil and geotechnical engineering.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Analyze data and perform engineering calculations and analysis.
- Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
- Supervise field staff including engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
- Interact with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Assist in managing all aspects of a large scale and complex project.
- Communicate with client to define project scope, schedule and budget
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project.
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete the project.
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets, and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors.
- Monitor activities, allocate resources, and assign tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Participate in project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Develop an understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Follow safety efforts for the team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines while modeling a safe work environment. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- With support from the Company perform business and client development activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering; Master's degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering a plus.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate, Professional Engineering License a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel for work.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.