Capital Project Engineer
Farmingdale, NY 11735 US
- Conceptualizes projects and develops execution strategies to meet the business objectives.
- Develops options with cost benefits analysis to assist site leadership to identify the appropriate project scope and budget.
- Assures that projects comply with related environment, health & safety, and cGMP regulations. Maintain compliance with state and federal codes.
- Provides technical Engineering and Capital Project management expertise for the design, and implementation of manufacturing processes, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Capital management expertise includes managing the whole project lifecycle Project Scope, User Requirements, Conceptual Design, Detailed Design, Installation, Commissioning, Validation, Operations Handover).
- Build effective and collaborative relations with all functional areas in the plant.
- Perform design studies, engineering test plans, troubleshooting, submitting Change Control Requests, and coordinating efforts with QA, Regulatory, Safety, Production, Validation, and Maintenance.
- Provides conceptual design and estimates, including construction, commissioning, and start-up of equipment to execute the project.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments related to manufacturing and applies that knowledge to company goals.
- Makes independent decisions within defined area of responsibility.
- Collaborate very close with all other Site Organizations, to ensure legal compliance of technical solution adopted for projects execution.
- Manages cost throughout detailed cost report.
- Manages schedule throughout proper scheduling tools like “project”
- Prepares Monthly status reports for his projects which include milestones reporting, risks reporting, cost reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a biopharmaceutical, or food, or OTC consumer industry in a role as project engineering.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) and/or Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of FDA cGMP’s, Federal, State and Local Environmental regulations, standard operating procedures, QA/QC documentation, equipment validation, equipment specifications, factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing, equipment start-up and commissioning.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.