CPG Food Category Manager
Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Title: Category Manager- CPG Food Products
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Sales to national and regional grocery chains as well as food distributors.
- Assist NAME Division team in establishing a clear roadmap/plan for New Market Entry (NME).
- Develop and execute North American sales expansion strategy for multiple international CPG brands.
- Deliver solid strategic approach, connectivity, and sales performance to our Clients’ businesses.
- Drive lead generation to build a network of customers by influencing decision makers at the Executive, Category, and Store levels.
- Research the competitive environment, maintain awareness of competitive conditions impacting category and business results.
- Drive NME readiness efforts: regulatory, localization, product compliance, logistics, and import management.
- Manage sales, purchase orders, supplier set up, and deliver assigned sales quotas.
- Oversee shipping, logistics, product deliveries.
- Food (CPG) sales to retailers and/or distributors experience required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of import and export processes, regulations and requirements, purchasing, and packaging regulations for CPG or Food and Beverage is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to learn nuances of the supply chain and industry.
- Exceptional business communication and presentation skills.
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Superior customer service skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information