Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 60000 YEAR true
Cleveland, OH 44103 US
2023-05-12 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Machinist Job Number: JR121829425 Compensation: $60000 / year
Title: CNC Programmer
Location: Cleveland, OH
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire, benefits from day 1, and almost 100% coverage! 11 holidays, 2-3 weeks vacation, 401K, etc.
Salary: $60K + $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Performs design/layout and creates drawings of equipment for new products or existing product improvement
- Creates drawings of parts and assemblies from sketches provided by engineers as well as self-initiated projects
- Maintain drawings of production tooling and updates and modifies as necessary
- Assists shop personnel with trouble shooting prototype/first run machines
- Releases finished projects to manufacturing
- Identifies continuous improvements for cost out, shop floor, and value-added engineering
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field, or its equivalent in a combination of formal education and direct work experience
- AutoCAD proficiency, must be familiar with AutoCAD program to create legible drawings
- Strong math background, specifically geometry and trigonometry
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and welding, focus on thinking in terms of DFMEA as well as ease of manufacturing and assembly
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD software, ability to accurately design CAD
- Proficiency with MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Blueprint reading
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.