Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 29.00 HOUR true
Woodridge, IL 60517 US
2022-09-14 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: Hd18380799 Compensation: 29.00
Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Woodridge, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct- $23-$30 per hour depending on experience.
- Set up jobs and operate 4- and 5-axis CNC mill machines
- Inspect first articles, and verify the quality of the finished work by using precision measurement tools and demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and quality workmanship.
- Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap/rework.
- Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace.
- Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems.
- Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the manufacturing process.
- Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment.
- Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress
- 5 plus years’ experience operating CNC equipment preferred. Experience operating Mazak 4- and 5-axis machines highly valued.
- Expertise required in machining 300-series stainless steel and other materials such as Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, iron nickel and high chrome alloys.
- Experience with control language and a solid understanding of Espirit or similar programming software desired.
- Familiarity with G & M codes; working knowledge of machine tooling and processing required
- Skill required in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments.
- Strong blueprint reading skills required
- Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to assess and explain quality concern to others
- Able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures in order.
- An eye for detail to check drawings, part numbers, and materials, and to correctly complete routers and other paperwork.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional attitude and a service-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to complete math problems quickly and accurately.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information