Lincoln, NE 68504 US
Location: Lincoln, NE
Duration and hire type: Contract to Hire
Overview: Sterling Engineering / Staffing is currently looking for a CNC Machinist for one of our clients in the Lincoln, NE area. Sterling has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 100 clients and works primarily with Fortune 1000 corporations.
A machinist is responsible for a variety of machine -specific functions -- from setting up equipment, loading materials, operating machinery, to monitoring and optimizing efficiency, maintaining machines, and performing quality checks. A machinist will typically have the knowledge and ability to operate/utilize various machines to produce high quality axles through either our machining process with various lathes and end mills or through our plating process to refurbish.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overtime as required
- Operate CNC Lathes, Band Saw, Mills, Electroplate Axles, Finish Grinding, Precision Measurements and Quality Inspections
- Produce parts for the railroad industry in accordance with AAR, customer specifications, company guidelines and checklists
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies
- Monitor work to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
- Operate hand tools including buffers, sanders, and grinders to railroad axles
- Use precision gauges and instruments such as micrometers
- Complete daily production reports and perform daily inspection of equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a self-directed team-based environment
- Perform all duties and responsibilities within time standards allowed
- Operate overhead cranes
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of the decimal system
- Use of precision gauges example: Micrometers
- Capable use of hand tools
Meet Your Recruiter
Kajal Patel is a dedicated Technical Recruiter specializing in the Transportation industry. With a successful track record at Sterling and a wealth of experience spanning five years in the recruitment field, Kajal is a driving force in talent acquisition.
As a Technical Recruiter in the Transportation sector, Kajal understands the nuances of the industry and the unique demands it entails. Her experience and insights enable her to guide candidates and clients effectively, ensuring a seamless match that benefits all parties involved.
With her experience, Kajal has developed a keen understanding of the recruitment landscape. Her advice to never ghost potential employers and maintain open communication with recruiters is a testament to her professionalism and dedication. Kajal recognizes that such practices can impact immediate opportunities and future prospects, potentially hindering one's career growth.