LaGrange, GA 30240 US
- Responsible for planning, organizing, purchasing and estimating skills; ability to be self-motivated to meet critical deadlines.
- Identify suppliers that can meet requirements for price, quality, and delivery.
- Qualification of suppliers with guidance from management.
- Develop legal and ethical business relationships with suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships and complete supplier quality assessments (some visits to supplier sites, as needed). Understanding of supplier’s abilities and constraints.
- ERP Planning skills to manage and release planned purchase orders.
- Use good judgement to maximize cost savings, while minimizing inventory risk.
- Regularly liaise with Engineering, Project Managers, and Operations personnel
- Manage assigned supplier base and drive cost reductions goals while adhering to company KPI’s
- Maintain and update supplier documentation and contract information (Purchase agreement negotiation, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing and cost estimating within a manufacturing environment.
- Active CPM or CPIM, CSPC or related certification preferred.
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Office (with advanced Excel and data analysis skills), and a relevant ERP system.
- Knowledge and ability to validate planned purchase order demand.
- Ability to source and complete requests for quotes from potential suppliers.
- Ability to review and negotiate contracts in the company’s best interest.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, BOM’s, and part specifications.
- Ability to generate and communicate forecast to key suppliers.
- Research and recommend substitute or alternative items or supply.
- Adhere to company ISO documentation requirements.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alejandra (Aly) Mora
Aly Mora is a devoted Technical Recruiter specializing in the dynamic Automation Division. With a rewarding 2-year tenure at Sterling, Aly’s passion for shaping people's careers and adeptness at navigating the competitive recruitment landscape make her a standout professional.
As a Technical Recruiter within the Automation Division, Aly brings a deep understanding of the industry's particulars, enabling her to expertly match skilled professionals with positions that align with their talents and aspirations. Her commitment to finding the perfect fit drives her to facilitate transformative career moves.
What Aly enjoys most about recruiting is the opportunity to shape people's careers positively. She takes pride in matching candidates' skills with the right job - witnessing their growth and success as they navigate their professional journeys. Aly is fueled by knowing she plays a pivotal role in her candidates' achievements.
In addition to her dedication to candidates, Aly extends her expertise to advising job seekers. Her advice is rooted in thorough research, urging candidates to invest time in understanding the company they're applying to, its values, culture, and industry presence. She believes informed candidates can ask insightful questions during interviews, showcasing their genuine interest and proactive attitude.