Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 75000 80000 YEAR true
Itasca, IL 60143 US
2023-05-11 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Other Professional Job Number: HJ598939739 Compensation: $75000-80000 / year
Location: Itasca, IL 60143
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Responsible for the purchasing, product expediting and inventory control functions for the purchased items noted below.
- Procurement of commodities (tubing, steel, fasteners, electrical components, replacement parts, and machine tools and parts), resale products, office supplies and equipment, printed matter and custom signs and backup to maintenance, repair and operations (“MRO”).
- Securing quotations and negotiating prices and terms with the guidance of the Purchasing Manager.
- Verification of receipt of material as ordered.
- Coordination with Engineering, Sales, Production and Stockroom personnel to schedule materials for delivery to the shop floor in a timely manner.
- Ongoing monitoring of all materials purchased.
- Monitoring and control of inventory levels for all items purchased.
- Minimum 5 years of solid, relevant experience in purchasing, from planning through inventory control in a manufacturing environment.
- Sharp negotiating skills and business savvy.
- Extensive experience with computerized purchasing and inventory control systems.
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Proven and demonstrated track record of accomplishments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- B.S. in Business Administration required, APICS certification preferred.
- Experience with computerized production control and MRP systems preferred.
- System conversion experience preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.