Carbondale, PA 18407 US
Location: Carbondale, PA 18407
- Have a working technical knowledge of goods or services to be purchased.
- Keep abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services.
- Purchase assigned commodities according to MRP system messages and requisitions.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price. Obtain recommendation from suppliers for substitute items where appropriate. Ensure proper internal documentation (requisitions/approvals) and external documentation (specifications, drawings) are provided by requestors and to suppliers.
- Monitor and expedite orders to ensure product is shipped according to deadlines.
- Negotiate and supervise supply contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Manage the return of non-conforming material to supplier for disposition and coordinate with Receiving, Quality, and Accounts Payable in resolving any receiving issues.
- Primary contact with suppliers for assigned commodities.
- Look to strengthen supply base by identifying and qualifying new suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain and monitor procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of problem and take corrective action.
- Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Advance cost reduction programs and participate in various projects.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Mathematical and computational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build strong supplier relationships.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Strong computer skills-Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Associate degree, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that enable the performance of all aspects of the position
- 3+ years procurement experience within a manufacturing environment, working with metals a plus.
- Experience working with an MRP system. Epicor experience a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information