Business Development Manager - Hybrid
Houston, TX 77001 US
Job Title: Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for the creation of baseline drawings for engineering designs in AutoCAD and/or Microstation platform. Applications are predominantly related to civil engineering fields. This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in client specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May serve as a Client Service Manager (CSM) for key clients in their respective area. Responsible for working with Client Service Managers in their area to oversee development of appropriate CSM plans and execution of said CSM plans.
- Provides input to marketing and technical groups on marketing and sales plans. This includes recommendations for product and territorial opportunities, participation in specific conferences, promotional literature, and/or unique client relationships.
- Develops and implements territorial sales plans consistent with sales and marketing plans, assisting in achieving sales targets within assigned territory. Plays a major role in new work selections.
- Establishes, submits for approval, and monitors the operating budget for the assigned territory’s marketing activities; develops annual projections of revenues/costs and updates/monitors monthly status reports.
- Explores business opportunities with new clients and areas, through cold calls or letters of interest; identifies prospects, screens project opportunities, and schedules contacts, visits, information gathering and follow-up.
- Coordinates and reviews all aspects of proposal development with marketing personnel, including proposal strategy, marketing strategy and team composition.
- Develops presentation strategy, support materials and visuals; coordinates and critiques rehearsals and presentations.
- Maintains/enhances territorial contact network (both public and private) through regular calls and/or visits to lead the local sales effort in both primary geographic target areas and specific client targets.
- Assists in the resolution of local marketing issues.
- Participates in the development, planning and implementation of public relations programs at the assigned communities; develops press releases and participates in selective industry associations and community/civic activities in a leadership role.
- Facilitates coordination, cooperation, and communication within and across the firm.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration plus 10 years' relevant experience and proven track record in sales. Without a degree, 20 years of relevant experience is required in addition to appropriate knowledge and skills. Technical knowledge of the services provided in assigned area is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills plus written and oral communications skills are essential. Outgoing, self-starter with innate sales orientation, optimism and drive; good organizational skills.
- Job requires ability to travel. If local travel is required and no company vehicle is available, the use of a personal vehicle may be required. The incumbent must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy. The vehicle must be in good working order and insured. Mileage reimbursement allowance will be available.
- Coordinates sales, marketing, and public relations activities for the assigned area of responsibility; monitors area's marketing operating budget; controls charges to assigned area's marketing cost center. Typically responsible for a territory with a population density of 1MM-2MM and a total budget between $1MM and $3MM.