Automation Technician | Controls Technician
Jefferson City, MO 65109 US
Title: Automation Technician
Location: Jefferson City, MO 65109
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Automation and Controls System Technician will drive the factory safety performance of the entire factory (all shifts, all areas) into a proactive culture using WCM operating framework. The right applicant will have an immense passion for our factory, a commitment to innovation and completion of tasks, and a very strong factory floor presence.
- Implement Projects/ Improvement (electrical project/ PLC programming) to accommodate new product and/ or improve safety, operational quality and productivity.
- Diagnose/ test PLC and Instrumentation problems, Diagnose/ Test equipment to correct malfunctions and makes improvement to accommodate new product and/ or improve safety, operational quality and productivity.
- Maintain and configure Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) hardware
- Understand PLC ladder logic: can implement automation solutions within the PLC code
- Understand and apply National Electric Code (NEC) requirements
- Maintain and configure Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), DC drives and servo motors
- Perform more advanced PLC ladder logic programming such as PID loop control and sequencers
- Adhere to plant GMP guidelines.
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent; higher degree in related area is desirable
- 3-5 years’ experience in a maintenance related position is required
- Working knowledge of PLCs is a must
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information