Automation Technician | 1st Shift
Romeoville, IL 60446 US
- The Automation Technician position is crucial in our USDA production environment, focusing on maintaining food processing and packaging machinery, mechanical/utility equipment, and facility infrastructure. This role demands strong problem-solving skills, electrical proficiency, and a commitment to safety and quality standards.
- Ensure safe and dependable operation of all facility equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair various equipment, including conveyor systems and electrical components.
- Perform maintenance tasks according to schedules, read electrical schematics, and adhere to safety protocols.
- Coach and train maintenance and operating personnel.
- Uphold compliance with SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and repair stacking, bagging, check-weighing, UPC bar coding, case erectors, and conveyor equipment.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment for repairs, cleaning, and lubrication according to maintenance schedules.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair 110/230/460 volt electrical equipment, including motors, starters, relays, timers, panels, breakers, conduit, and wiring.
- Perform minor programming and troubleshooting of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers).
- Adhere to established safety programs such as lockout/tagout and ladder safety.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic experience in a USDA or FDA food manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in reading electrical schematics.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and safety-conscious.
- Preferred: Bilingual in English/Spanish and a valid Illinois Driver's License.