Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 60.61 HOUR true
Location: North Chicago, Illinois
Automation Project Manager
North Chicago, IL 60064 US
2023-05-17 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Project Management Job Number: NG648793517 Compensation: $60.61 / hour
Title: Automation Project Manager
Location: North Chicago, Illinois
Hire Type: Contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Project Manager is an engineering professional who, working with little or no supervision, applies project management knowledge, engineering knowledge, and ingenuity to complete medium size projects from concept thru project closure, across disciplines and locations. Responsible for financial management, contractor management, and project oversight for packaging “Factory of the Future” projects. The “Factory of the Future” initiative aims to increase productivity by decreasing manpower and adding automation where possible to eliminate human error. Projects will span from developing program framework, identifying and examining various use cases, as well as implementation of systems. Projects will be piloted at the Lake County location but will eventually be deployed globally. To be successful, the position will interface with Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, suppliers, and 3rd party contractor firms. Candidates should feel comfortable working in a plant environment. Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
- Managing multiple, often concurrent, projects and meeting deadlines
- Communicating with management to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Managing financial budget and manage schedule
- Tracking progress to ensure the project scope, cost, and schedule is being met
- Ability to project future needs and impact of milestones
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed or financing for the project change
- Assisting with writing scope of work documents, obtaining estimates, selecting suppliers, and purchasing equipment and services
- Assisting with drawing reviews, supervising field contractors, and performing final acceptance observations upon completion of construction
- Coordinating multiple parties to complete projects scopes on schedule, stay within budget, and meet the expected quality
- Monitoring the project to ensure it is properly following project process and procedures
- Travel of 10-20% maximum.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience in robotics and automation.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view, and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.