Chicago, IL 60632 US
Title: Automation Engineer
Location: University Park, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Promote and demonstrate a safe work environment (compliant with EPA/OSHA regulations)
- Management and execution of the fleet utilizing lean principles including uptime, distance traveled, material touches and reduction of waste in the operation
- Analyze fleet data to implement improvements to the production time and ensure a Lean operation of the fleet.
- Track issues/repairs and utilize escalation process
- Provide root cause analysis and corrective actions to fleet failure.
- Ensure Asset Strategies are being executed and provide feedback to AGV Platform when changes are needed.
- Complete regularly scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM’s) on time and per AGV Platform requirements.
- Experience applying Basic PLC knowledge & troubleshooting (experience with Automated Guided Vehicles a plus) in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- 2-year degree or higher with an Engineering, Programming or Manufacturing Technology focus,
- Self-direction, multi-tasking, and independent thinking with ability to make decisions
- Ability to analyze data and make proactive decisions based on data results
- Experience communicating with various audiences as this role will require communication to all levels of the organization (i.e., via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings) in a team environment
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information