Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 97500 YEAR true
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 US
2023-03-03 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Manufacturing / Process Engineering Job Number: PR2005021221 Compensation: 97500
Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $85-115k depending on experience
- This is a “hands on” engineering position responsible for leading the development, installation, validation, and ramp-up of part handling solutions for medical device molded parts (either post molding or in assembly).
- Monitor asset efficiencies
- Solve issue down to root cause and train other as needed (including creation of training documents)
- Structure and improve data collection
- Coordinate cross functional groups for problem solving
- Conceptualize, develop and implement complex part handling solutions built on a wide variety of platforms including (Wittman, Sepro, Fanuc, etc…).
- Lead Automation projects through design, manufacturing, installation, validation, and ramp-up phases.
- Establish, manage, and maintain automation project budgets and timelines.
- Provide oversight and technical support at original equipment manufacturer site during build, debug, and testing.
- Develop equipment quality control strategies based on product specifications and requirements.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation and execution of validation documentation for DQ, FAT, IQ/OQ, SAT and PQ deliverables.
- Provide training to Operations personnel on proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of new equipment.
- Track equipment performance metrics and manage ramp-up action plan to achieve operational performance targets.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and corporate engineering guidelines.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expect supporting general business needs as required.
- Participate and in some cases lead root cause investigations and corrective action implementation.
- Support lean and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follow all safety procedures including the use of Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Industrial manufacturing experience working in high-volume assembly
- Experience working in a cGMP / ISO 13485 compliant manufacturing environment
- Experience in product Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturability
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, servo motors, pick-and-place, sensors, robotics, and feed systems
- Experience in programmable logic controllers
- Must have clear and well organized oral and written communication
- +5 years of related experience
- Occasional travel up to 15 percent based on assignments
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.