Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 US
Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Long Grove, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
This is a “hands on” engineering position responsible for leading the development, installation, validation, and ramp-up of part handling solutions for molded parts.
- Monitor asset efficiencies
- Solve issue down to root cause and train other as needed.
- Structure and improve data collection
- Coordinate cross functional groups for problem solving
- Conceptualize, develop and implement complex part handling solutions built on a wide variety of platforms.
- Lead Automation projects through design, manufacturing, installation, validation, and ramp-up phases.
- Establish, manage, and maintain automation project budgets and timelines.
- Provide oversight and technical support at original equipment manufacturer site during build, debug, and testing.
- Develop equipment quality control strategies based on product specifications and requirements.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in preparation and execution of validation documentation for DQ, FAT, IQ/OQ, SAT and PQ deliverables.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Industrial manufacturing experience working in high-volume assembly
- Experience working in a cGMP / ISO 13485 compliant manufacturing environment
- Experience in product Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturability
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, servo motors, pick-and-place, sensors, robotics, and feed systems
- Experience in programmable logic controllers
- Must have clear and well organized oral and written communication
- +5 years of related experience
- Occasional travel up to 15 percent based on assignments
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information