Automation Controls Engineer (DeltaV)
Remote, IN 46280 US
Location: Remote (with occasional travel to Indianapolis, IN)
- Ensure consistency of the automation deliverables (functional specifications, control strategies, phases, and recipes, etc.) within their area
- Participate in P&ID and control strategy reviews.
- Assist in defining the DeltaV software components that need to be created or modified.
- Communicate progress, issues, and needs to the Sr Area Lead for the area.
- Develop functional requirements working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Work with system integrators to develop functional specifications.
- Oversee process automation software development for their area.
- Support creation of Parameter and Recipe Specification documents.
- Responding to system integrator technical queries.
- Support automation software testing execution - test case preparation, problem reporting and resolution, change verification.
- Witness and verify the system integrator Software Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Identification of any remediation effort required on process control software.
- Create items in the issue tracker as issues arise after the software acceptance.
- Identify and analyze risks of technical nature particular to the area and planning responses.
- Maintain compliance with training requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- 7+ years of experience working Automation controls development within the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry (preferable in API/bulk manufacturing).
- DeltaV DCS implementation experience is needed.
- Strong knowledge of GMP’s, regulatory requirements, and computer system validation principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.