Sterling Engineering has an exciting opportunity for an AutoCAD Technician/Drafter in Curtis Bay, MD! The role is a long term contract offering full benefits.
· Work on civil and energy transmission drafting and design projects.
· Create base maps, site plans and existing conditions for infrastructure and utilities.
· Create overall project sheet layout and criteria.
· Utilize advance AutoCAD skills to setup projects and relationships between drawing and other files.
· ManageUser and Geographic Coordinate Systems.
· Follow established technical specifications to prepare drawings and assists in design drafting.
· Consult with engineers regarding model accuracy and design parameters.
· Keep Drafting Coordinator aware of work load and request work when needed.
· Work from general direction, and go by projects and other sources to produce computer-generated graphs, charts, overlays, and drawings.
· Work with drafting, design, and engineering team, as well as Project Managers.
· Although not the primary responsibility of this position, when needed, a Drafter II has the ability to perform the responsibilities identified in the Drafter I job description.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Standard office environment with standard office equipment.
· The employee must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and extended keyboard use and reading of computer screen.
· The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, use hands, reach, talk and hear.
· Theremay be a rare or occasional need to stoop, kneel, crouch, or lift 10-30 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· May be requestedto work overtime and weekends to meet client deadlines.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Demonstrate the ability to perform all key qualifications of a Drafter I.
· Knowledge and understanding of Geographic Coordinate Systems.
· Can analyzesketches, notes, and other input material to determine the best approach for the completion of drawings.
· Advanced level of training and experience using AutoCAD as a primary function of work.
· Intermediate or Advanced level of training and experience using Civil 3D.
· Knowledgeof civil engineering, surveying and/or experience working with engineering firms.
· Can create basic 3D objects in Civil3D such as points, surfaces, alignments and profiles.
· Understands and can edit and apply Styles within Civil 3D.
· Familiarity with use of measuring tools (laser meters, rulers, and levels).
· Proven experience in solving complex problems, identifying alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations to support goals.
· The ability to lead a small team of drafters to complete project tasks.
Required Experience and Education
· Minimum of Associate of Arts and Science in Engineering, Drafting, Design, Graphic Arts, or related field.
· Threeto seven years of experience using AutoCAD as a primary function of job or studies.
· Prefer knowledge and experience with AutoCAD release 2013, but will consider candidates that have worked with older versions.