Associate Lab Scientist
Durham, NC 27712 US
Title: Associate Lab Scientist
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Hire Type: Long-term contract, Onsite
Target Pay Range: $$23.00 - 25.00/hour
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
The Exploratory Microbiology team works and behaves with an entrepreneurial spirit to generate new product concepts for development pipeline. The Associate Scientist’s primary responsibility will be to support Bioscience laboratory operations. The Associate Scientist will also have opportunities to aid in the conceptualization, design, and development of high-quality medical diagnostic products.
- Plan, organize your work (biological/chemical experiments/ collaboration follow-up) on one or more subjects.
- Proceed to the analysis of results: consolidate all data, use your knowledge in problem solving, and propose clear conclusions considering the purpose of the project.
- Participate in the required training and in the evolution of Quality and Safety Assurance procedures.
- Manage the equipment, see to the proper functioning of laboratories, and propose actions for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the drafting of technical reports or briefs on a topic. Make oral presentations to other team members of these technical reports or briefs.
- Alert employees (external or internal) and the manager in case of difficulties/problems.
- Ensure that the study design allows questions to be answered in a timely manner.
- Associate's Degree in Science field such as Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a laboratory setting.
- Follows universal precautions and wears appropriate personal protective equipment when working in the Bioscience laboratory.
- Uses aseptic technique to prevent contamination or cross contamination in the laboratory.
- Utilizes knowledge of basic chemistry to create various solutions.
- Uses and coordinates routine and non-routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Assesses stock levels for laboratory supplies and places orders as necessary to maintain inventory.
- Maintain and prepare microorganisms and necessary reagents for experimentation.
- Disposes of chemicals and other laboratory waste following the proper health, safety, and environmental (HSE) procedures.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.