Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 80000 YEAR true
Assistant Warehouse Manager
McCook, IL 60525 US
2023-02-07 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Other Professional Job Number: Hd79712723 Compensation: 80000
Title: 2nd Shift Assistant Warehouse Manager
Location: McCook, IL 60525
Hire Type: Direct hire
This role directly supervises the 2nd-Shift Packaging department with dotted-line oversight of the 2nd-Shift supervisors and their teams.
Oversees warehouse activities and the general movement of goods through the warehouse during the 2nd Shift. This role accomplishes the multiple warehouse functions and daily departmental activities by performing the following duties personally or in conjunction with other operational supervisors.
Responsible for the effective and accurate movement and storage of materials in the warehouse during the 2nd Shift. Supervises the packaging area with dotted-line oversite for the remaining operational areas: Stock, Order Filling and Shipping.
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for all warehouse activities during the 2nd Shift, including packaging, outgoing shipments, and the handling and disposition of materials.
- Ensures that orders are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities.
- Ensures all operational and personnel issues are resolved per regulations and policy guidelines with the assistance of warehouse management.
- Monitors employee performance to set production standards.
- Ensures compliance with all OSHA and other regulatory guidelines related to shipping, storage and associate training, as well as ensuring safety requirements are met and exceeded.
- Assists in forecasting labor and resources required to meet "Lines Shipped per Man Hour Worked" goals. Analyzes order trends and productivity reports to determine staffing schedules.
- Establishes work schedules, ensuring that schedules are correctly implemented, jobs are assigned effectively, and work is completed properly.
- Oversees all time-off planning, coordination and documentation in accordance with defined procedures.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment, personally making repairs as necessary or preparing work orders for repairs to be made. Responsible for 5s in all assigned departments.
- Ensures building security at end of shift.
- Performs quarterly analysis of all operational supplies usage and spending and implements cost controls in assigned departments.
- Partners with other department leaders to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as packaging, order selection, putaway (stock availability), records control, and inventory management.
- Reviews and assists in the development of standard work instructions for relevant warehouse procedures and ensures timely documented training of team members based on assigned tasks.
- Assists in the development of ISO procedures and directs compliance with ISO requirements for the 2nd Shift.
- Monitors and maintains performance management process. This includes daily and periodic reviews of performance. Initiates personnel actions as required.
- Ensures Standard Work Instructions are reviewed once per year for assigned departments.
- Reviews training Matrices each quarter with each supervisor to ensure compliance to training requirements.
- Participates in planning associate safety and plant protection activities for 2nd Shift.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university is preferred; 5+ years experience in warehouse distribution management; knowledge of warehouse functions or equivalent combination of education, professional certifications and experience. Minimum of 5 years of operational team management experience.
- Thorough understanding of all distribution operations such as receiving, shipping and order processing.
- Knowledge of RF scanning in a distribution pick, pack ship environment.
- Experience working in an SAP WM system environment or or similar WM system
- Experienced with LEAN/Six Sigma a certified green belt level is preferred
- Experience leading warehouse associates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information