Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 40 60 HOUR true
Location: Boston, MA
Assistant Project Manager
Boston, MA 02108 US
2023-05-11 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Civil Engineering Job Number: Cg278713418 Compensation: $40-60 / hour
Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Hire Type: Long term contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Assistant Construction Project Manager will assist the Construction Project Manager, Project Manager, Site Manager, and/or the Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) Project Manager or Program Manager with day to day management of project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, procurement, proposals, estimates, documentation, turnover, client interface, field-based activities, and other duties required to execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) projects, construction management, and program management ventures. This position will work on a diverse array of projects across multiple industries including aviation, commercial building, electrical transmission & distribution, facility, manufacturing, oil & gas, power generation, process, and water.
Adhere to company's safety programs, training, and policies as well as collaborate with the project team to manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members, contractors, and others as required. Collaborate with the Project Management team to build client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Assist in the development of internal and external project risk reviews with the Project Management team and consult with the Legal Department as required.
- Coordinate and assist in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan.
- Contribute to the negotiation, approval and execution of multiple types of prime contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Develop the project plan for site mobilization and demobilization and support the Construction Manager or Site Manager with implementation.
- Secure applicable project permits required for the project.
- Support development of and coordinate the potential bidders' registration and pre-qualification efforts on behalf of the Project team.
- Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP), support detailed scope of work development, bid and selection process, creation of contract documents for the purpose of subcontractor and client contractor selection and award.
- Support the implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases, and design changes.
- Execute downstream contract administration, including Request for Information (RFI's), submittals, meeting minutes, change management, and claims mitigation.
- Support project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structures, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking processes.
- Prepare information for and report project status, risks, schedule, costs, and cash flows at project and corporate level meetings to internal and external stakeholders. Develop and distribute meeting minutes as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant construction experience required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be able to meet the company's driving requirements.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.