Assemblers 1st shift
Franklin, WI 53132 US
This is a 1st shift role
Monday- Thursday 10 hour shifts.
In this job you will assemble overhead switches such as an IntelliRupter. You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous production activity, must meet requirements within time constraints and you will be held accountable for the quality of your work. Tasks require a mechanical assembly aptitude, an above average degree of eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis for a full range of motion. You will frequently use hand and power tools; working while standing on the floor and occasionally on a ladder or lift.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assembling IntelliRupters at one of several stations, in sizes approximately 9’ x 4’ x 4’.
· Identifying, transporting, installing, mounting and bolting all switch components (ranging from 5 lbs. to over 25 lbs. without equipment assistance). Some judgment required to assemble and make simple adjustments.
· Performing mechanical inspection using torque wrenches, screwdriver and tape measure.
· Using simple material handling equipment, hand tools, power tools, simple gauges and instruments, and overhead cranes, if required.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
· Basic knowledge of mechanical assembly operations.
· Ability to use basic shop math and measuring tools such as tape measures.
· Ability to use air impact tools and other hand-held tools.
· Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures and read assembly prints.
Relevant Work Experience: Mechanical assembly experience preferred.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with frequent walking.
· Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
· Walking: Frequent walking of short distances (approx. 200 feet or less).
· Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
· Pushing: Occasional use of manual or electric hand trucks to move parts a moderate distance.
· Pulling: Occasional use of manual or electric hand trucks to move parts a moderate distance.
· Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete assembly tasks.
· Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
· Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 75 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools