Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 35 HOUR true
Architectural Designer Drafter
North Chicago, IL 60604 US
2023-05-24 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Architectural Job Number: Jr911671419 Compensation: $35 / hour
Title: Architectural Designer Drafter
Location: North Chicago, Illinois
Hire Type: Long-Term Contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Architectural Drafter/Designer is responsible for assisting in the design and development of architectural projects. The successful candidate will work on specific parts of a project with parameters set by others, and will be responsible for adhering to engineering standards, coordinating with outside project consultants, and communicating with clients in a professional manner.
- Coordinate with outside project consultants; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing disciplines
- Conduct code and permitting research
- Attend site surveys and prepare survey drawings and reports
- Perform existing building walkdowns and generate as-built drawings
- Create equipment lists to identify space requirements
- Prepare design development presentation drawings
- Design in Revit and convert to AutoCAD
- Associate degree in architectural design or drafting
- Minimum 1 years of professional experience
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Basic experience with rendering software
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.