New Berlin, WI 53151 US
Title: Sr. Application Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Milwaukee area
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Establish customer requirements.
- Review and interpret specifications, discuss customer’s needs, and make technical suggestions or present options to enhance productivity and reliability of equipment.
- May prepare cost/benefit analysis for customer, depending upon application and specifications.
- Rely on engineering knowledge and overall knowledge of industrial applications and/or industry experience.
- Design material handling solution (overhead crane, SFP, CXT, jib crane, monorail, workstation, or combination thereof) to meet application requirements utilizing knowledge of technical parameters, industrial applications, and constraints of available products
- Establish specifications and parameters to be used to size and select proper components (electrical/mechanical/structural), based upon customer requirements.
- Utilize proprietary software, price books, product manuals, and manual calculations to design and select appropriate components.
- Interpret software results and evaluate for appropriateness.
- Adjust software output based upon engineering judgment and industry experience
- Formalize customer proposal. Prepare technical documentation, terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Travel to customer sites to present proposals with Salesman and address answers from their Team.
- Create lists of detailed technical exceptions to customer requirements or suggested solutions.
- Support the sales department in all phases of mechanical activities related to the creation of proposals.
- Review customer Request for Proposal (RFI) documentation and prioritize the completion of the individual documents including getting assistance from other qualified resources in engineering, installation, purchasing, accounting, legal, etc.
- Be able to review specifications and provide corresponding compliance matrixes for the specifications.
- Size the crane structural components plus the Hoist, Trolley and Bridge drive components for the speciality application.
- Develop a preliminary mechanical system BOM, including man-hour estimates, manufacturing quotes and other related data so an accurate proposal can be created to satisfy a customer’s request for proposal (RFP)
- Develop an understanding of acceptable risk and work scopes that are within KNES expertise.
- Work with the Sales group to determine the best strategy to win these projects considering our customer’s needs, what differentiates us and the competition we will be up against.
- Technical degree preferred or 5+ years experience in a similar role working with cranes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information