Grafton, WI 53024 US
Job Title: Applications Engineer
Location: Grafton, WI
Pay Range: $75-$80k per year
We are seeking an Applications Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for generating engineering proposals and performance guarantees based on a given criteria, managing new machine stocking levels and assigning units to various uses, coordinating demonstrations, and being a subject matter expert for the product line.
- Based on requests for quotes (RFQ), generates engineering proposals and performance guarantees based on desired target weight, speeds, and product characteristics.
- Evaluates and documents customer samples to assure equipment to be quoted is capable of achieving performance guarantees. Tests product samples for internal purposes in our demonstration area.
- Corresponds with the relevant department to confirm proposals have correct pricing for machinery and parts. Maintains equipment and option pricing within the ERP system. Compares actual costs with estimates.
- Specifies equipment to be purchased based on customer orders or for units being ordered for stock or demo purposes.
- Assigns customer, demo, and show equipment based on required specifications and delivery schedules. Monitors age of stock/demo units to minimize obsolete inventory while meeting stakeholder’s requirements.
- Maintains stock inventory levels and documents history of equipment placement.
- Coordinate, set-up, run, and document customer/OEM demonstrations in our demonstration area.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering technology or equivalent education.
- 3-5 years packaging industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills can-do attitude and has a hands-on approach to accomplishing tasks.
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office products. ERP experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable.
- Requires passport to travel outside of the United States.
This is a full-time position and may require occasional travel. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.