Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 24 30 HOUR true
Location: St Charles, MO
St. Charles, MO 63301-4341 US
2023-04-19 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Accounting Job Number: Hd239292419 Compensation: $24-30 / hour
Title: Junior Accountant
Location: St Charles, MO
Hire Type: Contract-to-hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Junior Accountant. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for assisting with various accounting tasks, including financial record keeping, data entry, reconciliations, and assisting with month-end close processes. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles and practices, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in key finance functions related to our supply chain and manufacturing functions.
- Preparing key inputs for period closing (journal entries, reconciliations, data verification) for approval by others.
- Supporting general reporting needs for the team (refreshing data pulls, creating presentations, updating data and key reports for use by the team).
- These reports will look at our key performance indicators and financial metrics.
- Assist in gathering needed data for our annual operating plan process to create budgets for key departments and teams.
- Gather supporting documentation for tax credits and other incentives.
- Create purchase orders, project codes, and monitor key budgets in our financial systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance (or related field) preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in accounting or finance is a plus.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.