2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
Akron, NY 14001 US
- We are seeking a skilled Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.. As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of machinery and equipment used in food production. Your primary goal will be to ensure the uninterrupted operation of our production lines and equipment, minimizing downtime and maximizing productivity.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including inspecting, cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues, determining the root cause of equipment malfunctions and implementing appropriate repairs.
- Repair or replace defective parts using hand and power tools, welding equipment, and precision instruments.
- Conduct preventive maintenance activities according to established schedules to ensure optimal equipment performance and prevent breakdowns.
- Collaborate with production teams to identify potential equipment issues and address them proactively to minimize downtime.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, repairs, and parts inventory.
- Adhere to safety regulations and ensure compliance with all applicable health and sanitation standards.
- Assist in the installation and setup of new equipment, ensuring proper functioning and integration with existing systems.
- Provide training and guidance to operators on equipment operation and basic maintenance tasks.
- Stay updated on industry trends, equipment advancements, and best practices to enhance maintenance procedures and improve efficiency.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an industrial mechanic position.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Basic proficiency in using electrical meters/multimeters.
- Strong proficiency in working with mechanical equipment, including lathes, mills, drill presses, saws, and grinders.
- Familiarity with the basics of fluid control, such as pumps.
- Skilled in burning and welding techniques (MIG, TIG, Stick).
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from -300°F to 1200°F.
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Able to engage in frequent pushing, pulling, climbing, squatting, and bending throughout the shift.
- Basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- Proficient in using basic measuring tools such as tape measures, levels, calipers, and micrometers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.