Sr. Civil Engineer
Chicago, IL 60601 US
- Act as part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of all facets of civil engineering.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of civil engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for underground and overhead powers installations.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution
- Professional Engineering License in IL with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required
- 10+ years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/ or MicroStation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Civil3D
- Knowledge of Power Distribution
- Construction experience.
- Exposure to Passport and CEGIS/TED
- Surveying experience
- Must be willing to comply with all pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, education and employment verification, and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
Meet Your Recruiter
Andrea Edwards is a committed Technical Recruiter specializing in the Utilities Division at Sterling. With 2 years of impactful service in the recruitment field, Andrea's passion lies in guiding individuals to discover their forever careers, whether they are embarking on their professional journey or are seasoned senior-level professionals.
In her role as a Technical Recruiter, Andrea brings a deep understanding of the Utilities Division to her work, allowing her to expertly connect candidates with roles that align with their career goals and aspirations. Her commitment to understanding each candidate's unique path positions her as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
What Andrea enjoys most about her work is the opportunity to have meaningful conversations with people, whether they are just starting in their careers or are senior-level professionals. She derives immense satisfaction from helping individuals find roles that resonate with their goals and lead them toward their forever careers.
Andrea's advice to job seekers is rooted in authenticity and confidence. She understands that interviews can be daunting but encourages candidates to be themselves and show confidence. Andrea firmly believes that authenticity and self-assuredness can leave a lasting impression and play a pivotal role in securing opportunities.