Sergeant Bluff, IA 51054 US
Title: Process Engineer
Location: Sergeant Bluff, IA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- As holistic system thinkers, monitor and report on operational performance process units and key variables impacting plant efficiency, capacity, catalyst performance, emissions, and process safety.
- Proactively evaluate process and equipment performance to reduce plant upsets and generate solutions to resolve problems with process chemistry and equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, heat exchangers, absorbers, strippers, boilers, combustion equipment, reactors, and high pressure steam systems.
- Optimize process performance through troubleshooting, process modeling, data analysis, process tests, and technical support to the operations organization.
- Complete process engineering studies and provide comprehensive process engineering support during collaborative design of new installations and processes.
- Help prioritize the development of projects to increase production capacity, improve energy efficiency, and enhance EHS performance.
- Prepare and review documents including PFDs, P&IDs, scopes of work, and equipment specifications to support the capital process.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of process engineering experience is preferred. Experience required working for an operating company in the chemical manufacturing or oil and gas industry.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel throughout the organization.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information