Piping Designer (Mechanical)
New Lenox, IL 60451 US
Title: Piping Designer (Mechanical)
Location: New Lenox, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Utilize engineering principals, methods, and software to develop process and mechanical engineering deliverables including, but not limited to:
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID)
- Equipment and Piping Specifications
- Determine utility connections for all equipment.
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of and skill with AutoCAD Plant 3D and P&ID software.
- Experience with orthographic drawings (2D plans and sections) from Plant 3D model.
- Knowledge and experience with Navisworks.
- Process pipe routing experience for manufacturing plants. Experience with process piping of asphalts and hot oils, a plus.
- Experience with layout of process equipment including, but not limited to, tanks, pumps, blowers, compressors, heat exchangers, strainers, water cooling systems, fume collection systems, dust collection systems, process and utility piping, and ductwork.
- Be responsible for layout of all equipment, piping and ductwork.
- Verify all piping against the P&ID's.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 Process Piping.
- Knowledge of Caesar II stress analysis, a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information