Maintenance Tech | 3rd Shift
Hazleton, PA 18202 US
Location: Hazelton, PA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Provides technical repairs to complex electronic, mechanical, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Troubleshoots, repairs, fabricates, and/or installs electronic systems, complex gauges, instrumentation repairs, and new parts including mechanical and electronic interfaces
- Troubleshoots, repairs, adjusts, installs, and programs electronic, electric and pneumatic controls and instrumentation used to control and measure equipment performance, access to buildings, building automation systems, fire protection systems, material handling systems (elevators, etc.), and energy measurement systems
- Assists production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment.
- Executes major equipment overhauls. Tests equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime
- Maintains production equipment while operating on a defined production schedule.
- Operates general machinery and tools including saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc.
- Interacts with and maintains records in accordance with Maintenance Management
- System requirements and job assignments and communicates via email, all with the use of computer systems. Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wipe and washing equipment and tools, sweeping and mopping floors, and trash removal.
- High school diploma with a minimum of 4 years of experience in instrumentation, measurement and control systems, electronics, mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery.
- Food manufacturing experience
- SAP knowledge and experience
- I/O and field devices and working with mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic systems
- Refrigeration, Welding, Boiler/Air Compressor and Machinist experience
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information