Supply Chain Planner
Muncie, IN 47302 US
- Negotiates price and terms with suppliers
- Develops and maintains reliable suppliers, including new supplies
- Responds to changing market price trends and availability to material services
- Makes decisions and/or recommendations having substantial impact on plant operation and performance
- Negotiates settlement on rejected or defective material
- Provides follow-up assistance in assuring maximum schedule performance
- Procure quality material
- Implement cost reductions on supplier products
- Monitors and controls inventory of purchased parts
- Coordinates implementation of Engineering changes as they affect purchased material
- College graduate, or equivalent experience
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex
- Ability to read blueprints and understand basic Engineering documents
- Basic math skills to forecast all material demands
- Must be able to travel as required
- Knowledge of unit Purchasing and Material Department operations
- Knowledge of commodities and materials being purchased
- Proficient computer knowledge
- APICS and/or CPM
Meet Your Recruiter
Amy Badal is a seasoned Senior Recruiter passionate about connecting with individuals across diverse industries and various career stages. With an impressive 7-year tenure at Sterling, Amy has become an invaluable asset to the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Amy's journey in recruiting spans over 11 years, during which she has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. Her fascination with working alongside people from different backgrounds and professional levels has driven her successful career.
As a Senior Recruiter, Amy thrives on collaborating with candidates and hiring partners in the railroad industry. She relishes the chance to contribute to their career growth and the overall success of the organizations she serves. Amy's ability to understand each individual's unique needs and aspirations allows her to make insightful and tailored placements that benefit both parties.
One of Amy's most valuable pieces of advice is never to burn bridges and always maintain high professionalism throughout the hiring process.