Industrial Engineer (logistics or distribution)
McCook, IL 60525 US
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand the methods and activities in distribution operations.
- Analyzes the packaging of materials and products to maximize efficiency.
- Manages quality control procedures to resolve production problems, minimize cost and increase accuracy.
- Optimizes current distribution processes within order fulfillment by developing and implementing improved procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Develops cost/benefit analyses and financial models to support the distribution center’s requirements, determining capital requirements and alternative selections to existing systems.
- Executes Lean transformation projects, driving the adoption of Six Sigma, Lean, and other performance improvement methodologies.
- Develops equipment requirements to improve packaging, storage and order selection in conjunction with the Sr. Director of Operations.
- Develops and maintain labor standards and the productivity monitoring system for the distribution center.
- Develops engineered labor standards and methods for direct labor tasks, focusing on order selection and product put-away.
- Develops engineered labor standards and methods for packaging and labeling in conjunction with the Packaging Manager.
- Develop engineered labor standards and methods for indirect labor tasks such as pallet building and shipping.
- Develops product-slotting and space-utilization strategies and implementation plans.
- Develops and writes Standard Work Instructions.
- Develops and publishes a daily labor plan for the packaging/kitting department work centers.
- Assists with productivity improvement projects, including the development and execution of plans to support additional production lines or increased work volume, addressing equipment, systems, and personnel requirements.
- Supports new product introductions by ensuring the packaging team is properly staffed to meet daily production plans.
- Researches ergonomic and safety issues in order to recommend improvements.
- Provides technical support to the Maintenance, Operations, and I.T. departments within the facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Industrial Engineering with at least 3 years’ experience in materials distribution, including industrial supply and e-commerce order fulfillment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kellie Miller is a dedicated Technical Recruiter specializing in the Commercial Division. With a commendable 6-year career in recruitment, Kellie's passion for building meaningful connections with candidates sets her apart in the talent acquisition landscape.
As a Technical Recruiter in the Commercial Division, Kellie's understanding of industry intricacies empowers her to expertly connect candidates with positions that align with their experiences, skills, and aspirations. Her commitment to assessing qualifications and understanding each candidate's unique journeys and goals makes her a trusted partner in their career endeavors.
What Kellie enjoys most about her role is the art of connecting with people. She derives immense satisfaction from building relationships with candidates, delving into their experiences, exploring their skill sets, and uncovering their aspirations. Her genuine interest in each candidate's professional journey is the cornerstone of her approach.
Kellie's advice to job seekers reflects her dedication to thorough preparation. She encourages candidates to invest time in comprehensive research before applying or interviewing. This includes understanding the company, digging into the specifics of the role they're applying for, and critically assessing their skills and experiences. Kellie believes that such preparation allows candidates to showcase their qualifications effectively and demonstrates their genuine interest in the position.