Field Service Technician
Carol Stream, IL 60188 US
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Hire Type: Direct Hire
The Service Technician performs the assembly, installation, and commission of equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems and/or the built-in hardware & software control programming. Performing customer service for the North & South American market and occasional support for other subsidiaries worldwide.
- Installation and start-up of new & second-hand machines, including complete lines.
- Onsite repairs for machine breakdowns.
- Testing repaired items to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Packaging format tooling installation, set-up & testing. Performing trials with products and packaging formats at customers’ sites.
- PLC program modification.
- Provide basic training for customer operators and maintenance technicians.
- Provide technical advice to the customer (best maintenance practice, spare parts recommendations, availability of upgrades and retrofits).
- Preventive Maintenance contracts: Visit worksites on a regular basis to do preventive maintenance on instruments, controls, motors, drives, circuit boards, PLC’s, and other equipment according to the manufacturer's recommended schedules.
- Inspect and upgrade used machines.
- Responsible for informing the design department of parts that were reworked as a result of an installation to ensure the customer receives the correct updates.
- Providing detailed feedback for root cause analysis to design, sales, or manufacturing teams for corrective action.
- Ensure detailed daily reporting.
- Support electrical engineering (update drawings, debug programs, etc.).
- 3+ years of industrial field service experience, preferably in a highly automated industry.
- PLC troubleshooting ability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
Meet Your Recruiter
Max Francis is a seasoned Engineering Recruiter specializing in the Automation Division at Sterling. With five years of invaluable experience in recruitment, Max is on a mission to help individuals find their perfect career move—one that aligns with their professional goals and supports their families.
As an Engineering Recruiter, Max excels in the Automation Division, leveraging his deep industry knowledge to connect candidates with opportunities tailor-made for their unique skill sets and aspirations. He understands that finding the right career move is a pivotal moment in people's lives, and he thrives on being a part of that journey.
What Max finds most exciting and rewarding about his work is the opportunity to guide individuals to their ideal career fit. He recognizes that this transition is an exhilarating time for most people, and he derives immense satisfaction from helping them navigate the path toward their next professional adventure.
Max's advice to job seekers is grounded in the value of connections. He believes that having a well-connected recruiter within the industry you aspire to be in can open doors to companies and positions that may not be readily available on job boards. In today's competitive job market, he encourages candidates to connect with a recruiter early in their job search journey. While he advocates for candidates to continue their independent job searches, he emphasizes the benefit of having an additional set of experienced eyes on the market.