Des Moines, IA US
Title: Mechanical Designer
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Create models, layouts, drawings, and sketches using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Verify parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies can be built from the model using the equipment present.
- Work with project managers to estimate design and drafting times and design concepts.
- Input data into an ERP system
- Some communication with the customer is required.
- May require travel to customer’s facilities for measurements and research.
- Two (2) years of experience with SolidWorks 3D Modeling and AutoCAD 2D Software is required. Other qualifications include:
- Must be able to read and decipher blueprints, schematics, weld symbols, GD&T, and surface finishes.
- Must display excellent mechanical and analytical skills.
- Highly organized
- Experience in developing complete and accurate bills of materials.
- Must possess clear and concise communication skills.
- Proficient use of software programs, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), ERP/MRP system, planning/scheduling tools
- Knowledge of sheet metal and forming is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
Meet Your Recruiter
Alejandra (Aly) Mora
Aly Mora is a devoted Technical Recruiter specializing in the dynamic Automation Division. With a rewarding 2-year tenure at Sterling, Aly’s passion for shaping people's careers and adeptness at navigating the competitive recruitment landscape make her a standout professional.
As a Technical Recruiter within the Automation Division, Aly brings a deep understanding of the industry's particulars, enabling her to expertly match skilled professionals with positions that align with their talents and aspirations. Her commitment to finding the perfect fit drives her to facilitate transformative career moves.
What Aly enjoys most about recruiting is the opportunity to shape people's careers positively. She takes pride in matching candidates' skills with the right job - witnessing their growth and success as they navigate their professional journeys. Aly is fueled by knowing she plays a pivotal role in her candidates' achievements.
In addition to her dedication to candidates, Aly extends her expertise to advising job seekers. Her advice is rooted in thorough research, urging candidates to invest time in understanding the company they're applying to, its values, culture, and industry presence. She believes informed candidates can ask insightful questions during interviews, showcasing their genuine interest and proactive attitude.