Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 65 HOUR true
Location: North Chicago, IL
Commissioning Engineer (Pharmaceutical Facilities)
North Chicago, IL 60064 US
2023-03-07 2023-07-05 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Project Management Job Number: Jr520317224 Compensation: $65 / hour
Title: Commissioning Engineer (Pharmaceutical Facilities)
Location: North Chicago, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Long-term Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Engineering organization within a large global pharmaceutical manufacturing company is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as a Commissioning Engineer. The purpose of this role is to perform the process of verifying all of the mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, fire/life safety, interior systems (i.e. laboratory units), co-generation, utility plants, process related subsystems, lighting, and other components of a building or industrial plant are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the owner’s project requirements.
- Must be capable of working independently and resolving design conflicts and/or ambiguous instructions.
- Must work well with key project stakeholders (i.e. management, project management, multidisciplined engineers, contractors, end-users and scientists, etc. in understanding task requirements.)
- Must be able to adapt to changing requirements and meet project commitments/objectives without sacrificing workmanship or quality.
- Read, analyze, and interpret plans, submittals, mechanical specifications, and contract documents.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, electrical, mechanical and control drawings.
- Strong background in HVAC Controls/Building Automation, Applications Engineering and DDC Programming.
- Experience with control systems including PLCs, VFDs, HMIs and networks; HVAC equipment experience is a plus.
- Mechanical and / or electrical aptitude, excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and decisive judgment skills are a must.
- Knowledge of advanced programming in the Siemens Automation system to include complex lab controls, variable frequency drives, and integrated building HVAC systems.
- Performs database management of HVAC field panels and controllers. Installs DDC controls, programming, and graphics for renovations, upgrades, or system enhancement projects.
- Troubleshoots programming of building HVAC systems. Skilled in programming, commissioning, and graphic design.
- Adheres to all regulatory and code requirements including quality, environmental and foreign trade processes and procedures.
- Shares ideas about process improvements and other cost saving measures with project team and management.
- May be required to work split or alternate shifts. Must be able to travel for extended periods as required for installations.
- Prompt and accurate completion of all field paperwork, client reports, time & expense reporting.
- Approximately 25% to 45% of the work will require domestic and/or international travel, 1 to 3 weeks per month on average.
- Time away from main office may be extended depending on the requirements of the project.
- Must be capable of providing technical assistance in his/her selected area as well as, recommend alternatives to the lead engineer or development person.
- Must be capable of providing training to production operators in the use of equipment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be capable of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to successfully interface with production, engineering staff, and various development and maintenance groups.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and technical specifications.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to customers or employees within and external to the organization.
- Must be a self-starter, performing job duties independently and/or with little direct supervision, and capable of organizing his/her work as well as the work of assigned Abbott technical persons, and or outside contractors.
- Conducts work with the highest levels of professionalism, client respect, integrity, and customer service.
- Knowledge of cGMP and quality systems for medical, diagnostics, pharma and nutrition is a plus.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook for reporting and email correspondence.
- Bachelor's degree of Engineering or Engineering Technology from a four year college or university (preferred); or Associate’s (A.S. or A.A.) from junior college or other collegiate institution with five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Commissioning Provider (preferred) – BCA, ACG, NEBB, or ASHRAE is a plus
- Experience with commercial and/or industrial refrigeration/HVAC, lighting, and utilities systems.
- Experience with programming, operation and maintenance of Siemens BAS and associated I/O devices is a plus.
- Experience with troubleshooting and commissioning of commercial and/or industrial refrigeration systems, HVAC units, utilities distribution and controls (multiple platforms is a plus)
- Commercial/Industrial HVAC Air/Water Balancing experience – NEBB or AABC certification is a plus
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.